The best household product I own…and why you should to!
I have bought a lot of things over the years that I have used maybe once or twice (if I even used them at all). There are also products I have bought that just don’t work the way I expected them to or break down too quickly. So I try to really research products before I buy them, especially expensive ones, because I do not want it to be another wasteful purchase.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and love. See disclosure for full details.
This product, the Neato Robot Vacuum, has, hands down, been one of my best purchases ever. I use it almost every day and we have had this model for about 2 years now and it is still going strong. The Neato has saved me so much time it’s unbelievable! I can’t imagine cleaning up after our toddler and dog (…and husband) without it.
I did do a lot of research before I purchased this particular vacuum and since Roomba is really the most popular robot vacuum out there, that is where I started. But as I searched around online I found that many people were comparing the Roomba to the Neato and actually liking the Neato a bit more.
Some of the things that I read that convinced me to buy the Neato were that it was described as being a bit more powerful than the Roomba, had a longer battery life, and cleaned in a more specific grid like pattern (which made the cleaning a bit faster). Now I know there are a ton of models out there for both brands and we bought our vacuum in early 2016 so I’m sure they have continued to improve but most of the comparisons for like models between the brand I found Neato to be the winner for us.
I also find that the Neato has more affordable models available, which seem to offer the same features and the same if not more suction power. But you certainly could spend a lot of money with either brand. We bought the Neato Botvac D80 for about $450 and it was worth every penny!
Things I love about the Neato Botvac D80:
- it has a large dirt bin so it can handle a lot of mess and dog hair before needing to be emptied
- the battery lasts quite a long time, it will clean for about 2 hours before returning to its dock to recharge
- it has a lot of suction power! so it does not seem to miss anything
- it cleans in a grid pattern which is efficient and quickly finishes a room
- you can schedule it to clean while you are away
- it very rarely gets stuck because of furniture (but a sock on the floor will stop it in its tracks so pick up your socks!)
- it vacuums my house while I do other things!
- it entertains my toddler! an added bonus, my daughter loves to watch this thing in action
Now here are some pictures of my 2 year old Neato:
So if you have ever thought about buying a robot vacuum, or even if you haven’t, I promise that you will not regret this purchase. Your time is valuable and I know that you could be doing something more enjoyable than vacuuming all the time! Also, I would totally support this as a gift for someone too! I know typically buying someone a vacuum is not the most acceptable gift, but getting a vacuum that does all the work for you? That is a great gift!
Let me know if you have any questions or if you have any other products you couldn’t live without!