Baby Registries with the Best Money Saving Benefits
One of the most fun things to do while you are pregnant is to create your baby registry! You get to create a wish list of all the beautiful and functional things you will need for baby. It can become overwhelming at times to think about how much you really do need and how many registries are out there! Where do you even begin?
First you have to choose where you want to register and then start building your list from there. Hint, you don’t have to choose just one! I made 3 registries for my first pregnancy, Target, Amazon and Babylist (where I could link all 3 together).
When thinking about your registry you want to make sure you look into all the amazing benefits they can offer. These offers can end up saving you tons of money in the long run! I have listed my top 5 registries below with all the benefits they offer so you can easily pick the best that work for you!
This post contains affiliate links to products or sites that I use and love. Please see disclosure for more details.
I LOVE Amazon, for everything really, but I also love their baby registry. I am a Prime member (who isn’t these days?) so there are even more added benefits! Not a Prime member? Find out more about all the benefits here!
- Welcome box – Just for registering with them they will send you a welcome box with all sorts of goodies for baby including full size, travel size and samples of products, bottles, pacifiers, and coupons. Every box can vary but they show some items that may be in your box here.
- Free gift with first purchase – After a purchase of $10 or more has been made from your list you can pick a free gift from this list!
- 15% off completion bonus – You will get 15% off (10% for non Prime members) of up to two orders of any qualifying item from your registry. You can place these orders from 60 days prior to your due date and up to 60 days after your due date!
- $100 baby bucks for Prime members – If total purchases from your registry (from you or guests) total $1000 or more you instantly get $100 to spend on diapers and wipes! You will never have too many of those!
- Universal Registry – This is a new feature since I had my first registry two years ago. Now you can add items to your registry from any website using Amazon Assistant. I was just testing it out and you can even add from Etsy for amazing decor and personalized gifts!
- Prime Exclusive Offers – Prime members can have access to other benefits including free ebooks, discount on photos or maternity clothes or others. These benefits can vary and show up in your Registry dashboard.
- Huge selection on baby items and fast shipping – One of my favorite features of Amazon in general is that they have everything in one place with free fast shipping! This makes life with a baby so much easier!
Target is another favorite place of mine! I love the Target Registry since most everyone lives near a Target if they prefer to shop in person, but it is also just as easy to shop online too. They also have some super cute baby lines that are only in Target like Cloud Island and Pillowfort. Of course they also have all the top name brand items as well.
I personally love to shop at Target because they do have great quality products and prices but also because of the REDCard. This card gets you 5% off everything you purchase at Target in store and online with free 2 day shipping…and it is NOT a credit card. I have sworn to never get another store credit card to just sit in my wallet but this is just a debit card! You set it up to draft right from your checking account so no credit card bills to pay and 5% off everything! I have saved tons of money with this card!
- Welcome Box – You can pick up your welcome box at guest services in a Target store for $50 worth of samples and coupons!
- 15% Completion Discount – After your due date you can get any item still on your list for 15% off. This is good for one in store trip and one online order.
- Easy Returns and Exchanges – It is so easy to make any returns or exchanges for up to a year after your due date. I ended up getting two pack-n-plays and it was so easy and quick to return one and continue shopping!
- Universal Registry – Target now also has a universal registry feature where you can add any item from any website to your list!
- Group Gifting – This allows your guests to easily coordinate together to purchase a higher priced item and share the cost. This is great for coworkers or friends who are throwing a shower for you. You may also end up with more of those pricey products you need for baby!
- Registry App – Target also has an app for you to scan barcodes in store and easily manage items on your registry from anywhere.
I sadly don’t have any buybuyBaby stores anywhere near where I live so this was not a registry I had when I was pregnant. Their store does have a great selection of items and I especially love how many options they have for rockers/gliders and nursery furniture. I ended up getting my glider from here when visiting my parents and I love it!
- Goody Bag – Pick up your free goody bag in store just for creating a registry with buybuyBaby! This includes tons of coupons and samples to get you started.
- List Ideas – Their registry has a guide to get you started and also features that lets you ask for advice on what to add and even copy ideas from any friends lists that you may see.
- Announcement Cards – You can get free cards to share with your friends that let them know where you are registered. These are great to include with shower invitations.
- Personalized Items – I love that they have a big online selection of items you can have personalized! So if you already have a name picked out this can be a great way to get sweet personalized baby items.
- Price Match Guarantee – They also have a price match guarantee that means you will always know you are getting the best price!
I used this registry when I was pregnant because it was one of the first universal registries. This allowed me to add cute unique items from places like Etsy or local online businesses. Now that both Target and Amazon have the universal registry feature, I’m not sure I would have needed a third list. This site does still have some unique features like linking to all your registries and you can register for cash gifts for things like diapers, savings fund or anything else you can think of.
- Hello Baby Box – This site also sends you a welcome box just for registering with them full of samples and coupons. Seriously, can’t ever have too much free stuff for baby!
- Universal Registry and Link Registries – You can add items from any website here and also link all of your registries here. This makes it easy for friends and family to see all registries in one place!
- Register for Services – A unique feature of Babylist, you can register for services for baby such as a doula, diaper service or meal service.
- Register for Help – This is also unique to Babylist, registering for assistance from your friends and family. This can be bringing home cooked meals over after baby is here, helping walk the family dog, babysitting a sibling or anything else you can imagine!
- Cash Funds – You can also start a cash fund here for anything from diapers to college!
- Free Insert Cards – You will get free cards listing the link of you registry to be included with your invitations.
- 10% discount – From 60 days prior to your due date to 6 months after you can place a one time order for anything sold on babylist and receive a 10% discount.
I have not personally made a Walmart Registry, I am more of a Target girl myself, and it is closer to me than any Walmart. There are some great deals and items here too though. So if Walmart is more convenient for you start a registry here!
- Welcome Box – Another free welcome box full of samples and coupons!
- Registry App – This allows you to manage and view your registry from anywhere. Perfect for when you see something that you absolutely need while out and about!
- Free Returns – Walmart boasts free and easy returns to decrease the stress of getting multiple items (or something you just don’t love).
- Price Match Guarantee – Set your mind at ease knowing that you can always get the best price here!
- Suggestion List – Need help creating your list? Walmart has easy suggestion lists for all baby categories and “Best of” lists to help you pick out popular items already loved by moms.
So are you ready to get your registry started? I would recommend getting started with your favorites online today! They are all so easy and free to set up and have so many great benefits. My favorites are definitely Target and Amazon for all their money saving perks and convenience but pick what works best for you! Also make sure to check out my Mom Recommends resource page to get some ideas of what to put on your list. Any other suggestions on your favorite place to register? Let me know in the comments!